Monday, April 10, 2006

In Hiding

Yes, I finally did it. Just this morning, I set my online profile to Private (i.e. 14-year-old girl playing on the Internet without her parents knowledge). I did not do this so all those creepsters out in Cyber Space will stop sending me "Your picture is HOT!" messages, because who doesn't need a quick self-esteem boost on a Monday morning? No, no, I set it to Private because I heard this really creepy (creepier than MySpace stalkers) thing on the radio this morning about your next employer potentially not hiring you because of things they have read about you online. The sick b@stards!

Actually, I have personal experience with this. My current boss (luckily for me, a relaxed individual with a good sense of humor and penchant for my writing style) found and read one of my blog entries about the week I got hired.

Thankfully, I am still employed.

So BEWARE all of you 9-to-5ers looking for a new place to park your Post-it dispenser. Your future boss is online and knows just where to find you...

No comments: