Wednesday, August 16, 2006

To see how smart I really is!

I am getting my cat scanned today. This neither excites nor scares me. After 48 hours of not eating (not by choice) I am fairly nonplussed. Dark rooms, praying to the porcelain God, they had better find something good in there. Maybe the Dead Sea Scrolls…

In other news, a bum asked me for change outside the store this morning. On autopilot ‘get-a-job-you-bum’ mode, I lied to him. “Sorry, no cash on me buddy.”

I scuttled by him, head down, as he answered, “That’s alright, beautiful, you have a nice day now!”

While waiting for my coffee all I could think about was how nice that hungry man was, patiently sitting outside the grocery store just hoping for some breakfast. What did I need with a couple extra dollars in my wallet? I am probably dying anyway.

So I headed outside to find him again.

“Here you go, friend,” I said, handing him some wadded up cash.

“Thank you, beautiful!” he answered, all smiles.

Hell, his early morning compliments were worth at least a couple dollars. Vanity, thy name is Bionda.

No comments: